Tuesday 15 October 2013

Kenwood KA-2002A (Solid State Stereo Amplifier)


This is one of my favourite easy listening amp, this is Kenwood KA-2002A integrated amplifier...very tiny and produced harmonic and warm sounds. This model just produced 40watts output, so its not very powerful compared to modern amplifier..heheh..its born in 1972 and still servant for me in many years..I got it from second hand shop for valuable price. :D


What you can see here, this sweet amp is made by solid material and give it beautiful finishing..the "Sideburns" is made by oak woods and its chassis from steel..also the front panel made by polished aluminium which made this sweet amp looks very classic and elegant!


The front view of amp which is shined when flash exposed..the knobs are very  in pristine condition..there are Bass, Treble, Balance, Volume, Selectors knobs which allowed you adjust according to your earing level..those Bass and Treble knobs limits to 10,000 khz..this amp provides just 2 channels for speakers output and required 4-8 ohm in each speaker..


I used to clean it always to make sure this gear works perfect..just cleaned away dust and make sure every parts are in good condition..we can use contact cleaner spray to make it more clean and just spray it to the motherboard circuit and grease parts..and it will degrease all parts clean like a brand new...heheh..


Avadacadabra! voila! all stains are gone..heheh..you can see mostly of capacitors used are made by Elna Corp..thats why I love old gears..these capacitors are quite hard to find in nowadays..if I want to recap every single of each this capacitor, I will find Elna brand instead of Panasonic, Rubycon, Blackgates and others..why? because this Elna brand is well known to audiophile grade and produced more warm sounds than those brands..heheh

*Ps: I just wanted Vacuum Tube Amplifier badly in my life..but, I know..it is very expensive to own it..last time I searched for used one amplifier in internet will cost me around RM3k...when I window shoppered at A&L Audio in Shah Alam, they just quote me for RM15k  for a brand new..haiya..

2 comments :

  1. I just got one of these at garage sale. No fuse in it. What was the size fuse that is missing? Anyone know .

    ReplyDelete